Monday, January 19, 2009

Now on SALE!!! Fay's Wish

Fay’s Wish now on sale!!!

I am HAPPY to announce that Fay’s Wish is now on sale at http://www.deeowens.info/WebStore.html

You can get Fay’s Wish in HTML, PDF, MOBI, and MS Reader.

All those that order a copy of Fay’s Wish will receive a Free eGift Basket from me as well as a coupon to purchase La Roe’s at a Special Price (3.00).

Fay's Wish is another tale of love, with Fairies, Mortals, Gods and Goddesses. Come and read how one Fay Princess and a Mortal Man will change the fate of all those around.

TEASER

As I entered the garden, the smell of succulent roses and jasmine infused me. I continued upon an emerald and ruby path, glinting like a wine-filled goblet. Gliding over pearls and bright quartz, I headed for the waterfalls, the soft lining of moss caressing my feet.

My heart faltered. He was human.

Excerpt

As I entered the garden, the smell of succulent roses and jasmine infused me. I continued upon an emerald and ruby path, glinting like a wine-filled goblet. Gliding over pearls and bright quartz, I headed for the waterfalls, the soft lining of moss caressing my feet.

In all of Fay Island, this was my sanctuary. A place I could be myself and forget royal burdens and courtly duties. As a young woman in search of my inner self, I naturally dreamed of my perfect mate.

In the center of the Garden, a mist spilled against the steep rocks. I contemplated the brilliance flowing through each cascading stream beneath the spray. It cast a shimmering silver hue in its depths. The falls played sweet music.

"They say when the water is such color, magic is trying to reach out to a Fay," Aine said.

I turned and took in her true beauty, hidden behind a garment of deep red. The hood draping her face normally left all but her eyes invisible, but I was struck at the mane of red hair flowing around her body. Like silk caressing her radiant face.

As I contemplated Aine, I could not understand why she hid behind the red shroud. Her beauty was astounding.

"If the water changed for one Fay, then who is it? You and I are the only ones here."

"It is waiting to receive you. I have been here for some time, and the water did not change until you arrived."

The look of poise on her face made me wonder if she might be right. I turned toward the water, sensing it call to me, beckoning me to step in.

I do not know whether it was Aine's faith, or the water itself, but I waded in before I could stop to think.

The water swirled around my body, stroking each curve with an intimate caress. I expected it to be cooler as I waded further in, but instead, it grew hot. Aine had been right. The water was responding to my touch, my intimate power. I was sure of it. Since my birth, there had not been such as this given. For whatever reason, I was to receive an old and precious gift.

"Do not be frightened, Princess, let the water carry you, comfort you, love you. Let it give you it's offering in great joy. Know that, of the entire Fay, you are the one to receive a blessing from it."

Aine's words made sense. The water's magic wanted to love me, caressing my body with its essence, giving me the bounty it was. It was now up to me to love it in return.

Taking her words and my thoughts to heart, I closed my eyes and opened my arms. The water pushed against my thighs, and I lifted my feet in response. Cradling me in lover's arms, the water held my head above itself, before carrying me into its depth.

Not once did I panic. I trusted the water as though it were my lover. The magic of the moment provided all I needed to survive. Opening my eyes, the water radiated silvery magic and faded to midnight blue, pulsating with resilient energy.

Part of my mind screamed of the danger surrounding me, but my heart could only rejoice.

At that moment, I saw him. His eyes were indigo, with silver flecks of the same vividness as the water surrounding us. A ring of forest green surrounded the blue.

The coal black hair made his creamy skin rich. Everything about him left no doubt to any of my senses. My whole body vibrated. From his chiseled features, to his broad shoulders, he was everything I had ever dared dream. He emanated complete male. I could only guess at his height, but he seemed taller than life to me.

My enchantment had caught me off guard. His height compared to a male Fay in his prime, and I wondered why I had never met him before. In reaction to my query, his surroundings changed from an island forest to a small town. The buildings were constructed of a wood I knew had not been made by Fay, but by man.

My heart faltered. He was human.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comment has been recorded and will appear shortly...

Dee's Thoughts

Personal Book Reviews by Dee Owens at Author Dee Owens Blogspot.