Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dee is at Authors Promoting Authors....

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Books By Dee Owens

Read about Dee Owens' Personalized Marketing Service here

For more information about Dee Owens and her work go here




When Emerald La Roe ran away 300 years ago, she had not planned to return. However after repeated dreams from Goddess Morrigan, Emerald finally realizes she has no choice. Emerald notonly finds a magical sword waiting for her, but her dead husband also. It seems Stefan O’ Duff wants’ reconciliation and help to cure the curse they share. Emerald would rather see him dead than be with him again, she has someone else to consider though. Her new love, Maxwell Howard a werewolf, who through sharing blood with Emerald, now faces the same fate as Emerald and Stefan. For the cure to work, Emerald has to put her hatred of Stefan aside and consent to sharing his bed again. Can Emerald put 300 years of anger aside to save them or will she sacrifice all their futures and kill him as she swore to do? I hope you enjoy reading La Roe’s.


Chapter 22 At his look of confusion, I tried to explain. “Don’t you see Stefan? We have been drawn toward each other throughout time?” I watched his face as he began to realize what I was explaining to him. “Are you saying each time I felt you near, because you were near?” I watched his face become angry then. “I saw the scars on your body, are they from the reason you had to leave?” “Yeah, some of them got pretty creative, but I guess when you live in fear all you see are monsters.” I thought about it for a minute before I got another bad idea. “Someone set me up! They made people believe I was bad, but who even knew I was alive, and who could have done it.” “I do not know for sure, but I bet Kiaran knew you were alive, and she would want you dead more than anything in the world.” He might have been mad before, but now he was furious. “It makes sense, but now we know who but not why?” “Because of me, it would be perfect revenge for her. Not only would I have never been cured, but she would love the pain I would go through. We need to make sure she cannot get to either you or the baby. She will stop at nothing now to kill you if she found out you carrying my child!” “Great, just great, not only will she try to use me and punish you, but she can use the twins to hurt Max as well!” I realized in the next instant what I had just said, when was I will be going to learn to control my emotions. “What do you mean twins? How could you possibly know you are already carrying twins? I know Max is cursed but what does that have to with the child or should I say children you are carrying.” Taking a deep breath, I told him of the dreams then. “I am sorry you had to find out like this, but Max thought it would be best to wait, and I agreed with him. I was going to tell you in a few days but I hadn’t figured out how yet.” “A few days! Why could not you have told me when you did Max, or at the least right after? Did you honestly believe I would hurt you or the children? I love you Em, I always have. I would rather die than cause you any more pain!” He grabbed my arms then, but I knew it was from shear frustration. I softly placed a hand on the side of his face pulling him down. “I am sorry Stefan for all the pain you have suffered because of me. I promise to make it up to you. I don’t know how yet but I will.” The grandfather clock struck midnight then. “I think we have had enough for one night and probably should be getting to bed now. If it’s all right with you, can we finish this in the morning?” I had begun to pull away then but he stopped me. “I can think of one way you can make all I have been through easier. May I please have a kiss before you go to bed, alone?”



Fay's Wish is another tale of love, with Fairies, Mortals, Gods and Goddesses. Come and read how one Fay Princess and a Mortal Man will change the fate of all those around.


TEASER

As I entered the garden, the smell of succulent roses and jasmine infused me. I continued upon an emerald and ruby path, glinting like a wine-filled goblet. Gliding over pearls and bright quartz, I headed for the waterfalls, t
he soft lining of moss caressing my feet.

My heart faltered. He was human.


A GLIMPSE INTO WHAT IS TO COME
BY
SHAYLA GWENDOLYN DOMHNALL


My Mother was dead. My Father, the King, was being forced to wed my Aunt Brigit. My worst supporter, Fearghus, was now my closest ally. How was it possible that the world I had known for over a hundred years no longer existed? Fearghus had once been against everything my Mother and I had worked for. She wanted Fays to be allowed to go into the mortal’s world once more and grow as a people again. I wanted the same thing, but for a different reason. I wanted t
he power, now lost to all Fay, returned. I would be crowned after my Father’s death. At one time, I foolishly thought that would be many centuries from now. Reality came crashing down around me this morning, when my mother faded from this world to the next.
Now Fearghus agreed that I should go into the mortal’s world, and upon my return be crowned Queen. He said he believed it was time I no longer acted as the spoilt daughter, but the future of all Fay.
So here I stand, looking out at the ocean before me
, and knew that, if nothing else, my life would never be the same.



Cursed Seduction
By
Dee Owens

Cursed Seduction is a series involving 5 women and their men....

Once, a long time ago, two men from different walks of life used many women for their own pleasures. Neither had a care for what would happen to the women when they were finished with them. That is, until a witch cursed them. Now these two men have to find their true love and learn to sacrifice all. It has been many centuries since and they still have not found the woman to set them free. Another and more tragic twist to this fate is that of the generation to follow them, each descendant through out time will suffer until the first two are cured.

Chocolate Seduction is hopefully the beginning of the end of their suffering…

Lost through out time,
Nathaniel and Sabastian

More about these men and their families coming soon....


CHAPTER 1
Returning Home

Two years ago my family and other stockholders had been thinking of selling the winery to Grant but I had refused. I asked Harry to draw up the necessary papers to allow my inheritance to take place before my 30th birthday. I then used Sinfully Chocolate, the business Keith had left me, as collateral to get the money to buy out the major stockholders ensuring that the Winery would remain mine.

Now both businesses are in danger, the bad grapes from four years earlier have finally caught up with us, and Sinfully Chocolate needs a major boost in sales. In hopes of coming up with a new angle and flow of cash, I head home to the Vineyard for Christmas to find our salvation.

******

“Ambrosia I don’t suppose I can talk you out of going home?” Harry asked standing in the doorway.
I stopped packing and turned to my closest friend, attorney, and now business partner. “No, but you can come with me.”
“I would but I have a meeting with a prospective client for Sinfully Chocolate, they have retail chains of delectable chocolates in about every mall on the East Coast. The meeting is at their family estate instead of their local office. You could have your mother come here instead.”
I turned then to look at him, I mean really look at him. He seemed normal, his brown hair and eyes were the same, and the sweet friendly smile was still there. But something was different about him, there had to be. It was the only logical reason for him to even suggest that Mother come here.
“You know I cant, I have to see how the vineyard is doing, besides mother is throwing her annual Christmas Ball and my presence is expected.” Sighing I turned back to the suitcase. I really don’t know why I even bothered with it.

It was the same every year, I would take with me what I wanted to wear, but Mother would always complain that it did not reflect my station or the family’s lineage appropriately. Mother would then bring out what she had decided on there was always an entire wardrobe picked for me, along with any party dresses she deemed necessary. Don’t get me wrong I love my Mother and the winery very much, but sometimes being the only child and heir was more than it was worth.

“Well I know how much you hate packing to please your Mother so I guess I will leave you to it.” Harry took a minute to look at all the strewn clothes and I wondered if he was thinking that I was crazy.

Once Harry left I finally stopped holding my breath. He did the same thing every time I mentioned my family or what outfit I was going to wear to meet a business associate; he would just stare at me or the clothes everywhere with a confused and sometimes angry look on his face. I wanted to ask him about it but changed my mind each time I might just not want to know.

Looking at the clothing I chose once more I sighed in resignation as I closed the suitcase. I paused in my packing to look around my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comment has been recorded and will appear shortly...

Dee's Thoughts

Personal Book Reviews by Dee Owens at Author Dee Owens Blogspot.