Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What Name Do You Give That Article Or Book?

The title of my book is as important as the characters themselves. So the name of the book is as important as the characters themselves. You can choose an important event as I did in The title of my book is as important as the characters themselves. In my first I named my book La Roe’s after the Heroine in which the story was told from her POV, Secondly it also describes part of her. La Roe means The Red and her first name Emerald means Green she consequentially has red hair and green eyes. La Roe’s is also about an entire family in which her children will come to play mainly her daughter which according to family tradition will be named La Roe also.

So the name of the book is as important as the characters themselves. You can choose an important event As Fay’s Wish in which the mother a Fay makes a wish for her daughter. Then in Mystic Inn it represents the hotel, and Vampires Revenge represents the revenge our heroine will play on the hero. I think the name should give a clue to the reader of something grand about to take place.

So how to name you MS, well as you right it an important scene, place, person, or thing will stand out and hopefully shout use me. I find that I don’t know the name until that exact moment. It is as hard as naming your Characters themselves, esp. if they represent them.

One thing to remember though never force the name, it will come to you and if you feel the need to name it temporarily then use the heroine’s hero’s or even something such contemporary romance, fantasy, or even pain in butt book 3 or whatever number it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. Your comment has been recorded and will appear shortly...

Dee's Thoughts

Personal Book Reviews by Dee Owens at Author Dee Owens Blogspot.